2020-2021 Leader Meeting Dates
(All meetings are being held on Zoom. Please see your scout email for the Zoom links, 7:30-8:30PM)
|Sept. 15, 2020||Feb. 16, 2021|
|Oct. 20, 2020||Mar. 16, 2021|
|Nov. 17, 2020||Apr. 20, 2021|
|Jan. 19, 2021||May 18, 2021|
Update on new volunteer screening requirements
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (FREE for Volunteering)
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check. (FREE for Volunteering)
- If the volunteer has lived outside of Pennsylvania within the past 10 years, Federal Bureau of Investigation Criminal Background Check. ($28.75)
So, how does this affect you? We’ve been doing a lot of research, and here’s what we found out:
- If you are a current, approved volunteer we will need to work with you before July 2016 to get clearances that meet the new requirements. We will start this process to either collect copies of clearances you may already own or help you get new clearances this coming summer.
- If you are a current, approved volunteer but your background check with GSWPA expires between July 2015 and July 2016, we will need to do your renewal according to the new requirements. As your expiration date approaches we will connect with you and help you get started.
- All new volunteer applicants will need to complete the new state requirements after July 1, 2015. So we will have this new process ready to start early in the summer.
Safety has always been the highest priority for Girl Scouting. As we move into 2015, we’ll provide you with more details on how this process will work for our council. Thank you to those of you who reached out with questions or comments. They are valued. For more information on this state requirement, please visit the Keep Kids Safe Pa website.
For the Volunteer Essentials Handbook and valuable forms including Field Trip Permission forms, High-risk activity forms, and PA Tax-ID certificate, please visit the council’s volunteer resources pages by clicking here!
GSUSA Blue Book of Basic Documents PDF (July 2016) (Brief guidelines of Girl Scout National including Constitution, Bylaws and Policies.